Why is a course I want to take closed when it says there are still available spots?
It is most likely cross-listed with another program. The ZagWeb Tutorial will teach you more about this.
How do I view my charges and pay my bill?
In Zagweb, click on “Electronic Billing, Payment, Deposits, and eRefund”. Enter Cashnet to review and pay bills.
Does Gonzaga offer payment plans?
Yes. Please contact Danielle Loparco in Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on payment plans.
How do I check my grades?
Official grades may be checked following a semester in ZagWeb. Go to “Student & Financial Aid”, “Student Records”, and click on “Final Grades”. Grades for individual assignments within a course may be found on your course’s Blackboard site (if your professor uses this option).
I have an emergency and need to withdraw from a course. What is the procedure?
Students who are requesting to Withdraw from a Course after the deadline must complete the following steps:
- Click here to obtain the Appeal to Withdraw form.
- Fill out the Appeal to Withdraw form and return it to Carol Huston at Huston@gonzaga.edu in the Registrar’s Office.
- Please be advised that there is a $50.00 fee assessment for each Late Appeal. There are No Tuition Adjustments following the third week of each Session.
How do I obtain an official copy of my transcript?
Transcripts can be obtained through the Registrar’s Office.
Does the university provide any disability help?
Can online graduate students obtain tickets to men’s basketball and other sporting events?
Men’s Basketball Game Tickets
All Gonzaga students are able to obtain one free ticket per men’s basketball home games. If you are on campus, students usually line up at the McCarthey Athletic Center with the line forming at the Northwest (student) entrance previous to the designated time to obtain a ticket. (Here is a link to the distribution times: http://www.gozags.com/tickets/student-tickets.html ). Often there might be student tickets available the day after ticket distribution. If you are not on campus, email the ticket office (email@example.com) to inquire if there are any additional tickets for games. When email the ticket office, be sure to include your student ID # in order for them to activate your card for entrance to the game.
Attending Other On-Campus Sporting Events
For all on campus sporting events, except for men’s basketball games, students may show up to the desired event with their student ID and enter the game for free. Student tickets are only for students. Students may not obtain free tickets for other family members or friends.
Tickets for Family or friends
Tickets for Family or friends can be purchased through the ticket office: http://www.gozags.com/tickets/ . To find the schedule of games, student ticket distribution dates and times, and to obtain more information about student tickets, visit http://www.gozags.com/tickets/student-tickets.html
What is Blackboard?
Blackboard is an integrated set of web-based tools for course management and delivery. All online courses at Gonzaga utilize Blackboard.
How do I register for classes?
Course registrations should be handled through ZagWeb: http://zagweb.gonzaga.edu.
- Click on ‘Enter Secure Area’.
- Enter the ID number (user name) and PIN.
- Click on ‘Search for Classes’.
- Choose the Term you want to register for then click on ‘Submit’.
- Scroll through and find the department in which your course is and click on ‘Course Search’
- Click on ‘View Sections”
- Choose the course and make sure to check on the Section then ‘Submit”
- When you have completed your Zagweb session, be sure to click on the ‘Exit’ button in the upper right hand corner of your screen to ensure that any confidential information is cleared from your cache, and then exit the browser normally. Using the ‘Back’ button or the ‘Menu’ option will not clear your cache.
Need more help? Watch the ZagWeb Tutorial link.
Can online graduate students use the Rudolph Fitness Center for free?
There is a per semester fee for all graduate students. Please click the Rudolph Fitness Center link for more information.
How do I obtain a Student ID Card?
The ZAGCARD is the official Gonzaga University ID, it identifies you as a member of the Gonzaga community and is used for multiple purposes across campus. Click here for instructions on how to obtain your ZAGCARD.
What type of support services are available to me?
Online and on-campus students have access to all Gonzaga’s resources including Foley Library, IT Help Desk, Disability Access, the Career Center, Grad Student Association, and University Ministry. We are all here to help you succeed.
The Student Services team is available to answer your questions and to connect you to the resources you need. You will also be assigned a faculty advisor to help guide you with your academic goals.
Can I transfer credits into the program?
Graduate students may transfer credits into their program with the approval of their Program Director, the Dean of the student’s program, and the Registrar’s Office. A maximum of 1/5 of program credits (usually 6 semester credits for graduates) may be transferred.
Course work must be distinctively graduate level by the transfer institution and must have been taken within the last five years. A minimum grade of a B (P grades must be defined as B or better) must be earned. Courses previously applied to a degree are not transferable to the student current program. It is important to note that all credits are converted to semester credits and are awarded after signatures have been obtained.
Are the online and on-campus courses the same in terms of content?
Students who complete the work for an eight-week course in the online environment are required to accomplish the same type and amount of work that they would have been required to do in an on-campus course.
How do I purchase my textbooks and other course materials if I am an online student?
Ordering Textbooks by Course via ZagShop
Ordering your books online from the bookstore is simple, quick and convenient. All you need to know are the classes and the semester or term.
- Go to the ZagShop
- Select Books.
- Follow the prompts to select the program, term, department, course and section. This information can be found in your “Student Detail Schedule” in ZagWeb.
- After you’ve selected a class, it will show you both the required textbooks and any recommended textbooks needed for that class.
- Put them in your shopping cart and continue ordering until you’ve gone through your class schedule. You may have your books shipped to you or you may pick them up at the main campus location.
- Please note that videos are not available through the ZagShop. Any video course requirements will need to be purchased through Amazon, Netflix or the like.
The ZagShop accepts: American Express, Discover, Visa, MasterCard, and gift cards.
There are several options for you to purchase course materials.
- You are welcome to shop for books at other online retailers such as Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Abe Books. Direct Textbook is a website that allows you to compare prices of text book retailers.
How much time is required per week to be successful?
This will vary, depending on the courses you are taking, your learning style, and your course load. However, most students dedicate approximately 10-15 hours per week towards coursework. This may fluctuate up and down. During a week with a major paper or project due, you might spend more time on coursework than other weeks. What remains true is that you will get out of this program what you put into it. Work hard, get personally invested, and have a great time!
Contact Student Services
M-F 6am-8pm PST
Sat-Sun 7am-4pm PST
Local: (509) 313-3573
Toll free: 866-380-5323
Fax: (509) 313-6232