Applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution.
Please note: Gonzaga must obtain authorization from each state in order to admit students into an online program. The list provided here outlines the current status for each state by program.View State Authorization list.
Pay $50 application fee (pay at the end of the online application).
Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If your cumulative GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by your admissions counselor on your behalf.
Official transcripts can be mailed or emailed to:
Virtual Campus Admissions
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Request a minimum of 2 letter of recommendations through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly by us via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Provide a minimum of two professional recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgement, professional practice and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Supervisors or past professors are best. Please note: recommendations from family members are not accepted.
Submit a three to five page piece of the applicant’s written academic work. A complete paper is not required; it should be a piece of what the applicant considers a good example of his/her writing and research ability.
Statement of Purpose
Submit an essay that is well written, organized, and approximately one page in length. It must also include the following:
- a description of your interests in theology and leadership
- An assessment of your current strengths
- A description what you hope to gain from the Master of Arts in Theology and Leadership program.
Submit your resume of professional experience.
Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is recommended but not required. If you choose to submit an MAT or GRE as part of your application package, please submit the official score to Gonzaga. Scores older than 5 years are not considered valid.
In addition to the above application requirements, international students must also submit the following documents:
Proof of English language
- TOEFL score of 88 or
- IELTS score of 6.5 or
- Verification of English language proficiency from the Gonzaga University ISSS office or
- an official recommendation from Gonzaga University’s English Language Center.
- Submission of foreign transcripts in the original language and a certified English copy and
- Official transcript/degree evaluation from Gonzaga University’s ISSS office or
- WES/ECE evaluation
Copy of passport picture page
- If the applicant does not have a passport, a copy of identification card from the home country is required.
Proof of Adequate Funding to Study in the US
Please Note: F-1 students may only study on campus for the duration of the short-term residency program. For more information on the International Student Program please call 509-313-6563.
The M.A. in Theology and Leadership Program is now offering scholarships for new students. Click here to download the Scholarship Application. For more information about these scholarships please inquire with the admissions department at 1-866-380-5323.
Information is subject to change. Contact an Admission Counselor for further questions.