Peacebuilding Through Dialogue in Northern Ireland
Students will be introduced to concepts from the field of communication that enable an understanding of how local peacebuilding can build bridges across conflicting groups in deeply divided societies. Communication and dialogue are closely intertwined and together act at the heart of establishing shared space and creating a common future. Students are engaged with former combatants for interviewing, storytelling, and journaling to share the story of how former combatants now work toward the resolution of conflict toward peace.
The Program At-A-Glance
- Program type: Short-term, faculty-led program administered by Gonzaga University
- Dates: Jan. 2 – 12, 2016
- Eligibility: Graduate students in all majors with the approval of their Academic Advisor or Department Chair.
- Subjects: Dialogue, Negotiation and Multi-Media Studies
- Estimated Cost: $3,692
- Cost includes: 3 credits graduate tuition, accommodations, some group meals, local group transportation, and insurance.
- Financial aid: Federal financial aid can be applied towards this program.
- Program Application deadlines: Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions schedule. The program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Application deadline and deposit due October 1, 2015.
- Application: Visit the main Study Abroad page here.