Our vision is empowered graduates who have the capacity and courage to learn, innovate, transform, and lead contemporary complex systems.
The mission of the Department of Organizational Leadership is to advance the understanding and practice of leadership with an Ignatian educational framework of experience, reflection, and action.
With our Gonzaga community, students, and stakeholders, we live out our values by:
- Ignatian context, experience reflection, and action
- Nurturing intrinsically motivated learners who will think clearly, respond ethically, and serve willingly;
- Serving each student’s pursuit of personal and professional growth;
- Enhancing organizations, communities, and cultures for a more caring, socially just, sustainable world;
- Developing creative leaders who provide direction, facilitate alignment, and build commitment in dynamic local and global organizational systems;
- Integrating interdisciplinary approaches to accomplish influential scholarship and experiential opportunities intended to develop leadership dispositions, theoretical knowledge, and skills for practical applications.