Lambda Pi Eta Iota Rho
National Communication Honor Society
Iota Rho is the Gonzaga University chapter of Lamda Pi Eta, the National Communication Association Honor Society. The name ‘Lambda Pi Eta represents what Aristotle described in his famous book, The Rhetoric, as the three modes of persuasion: Logos, meaning logic; Pathos, relating to emotion; and Ethos, defined as character credibility.
Membership in Iota Rho is open to all communication arts majors and minors. Lambda Pi Eta has over 400 active chapters at colleges and universities worldwide.
The Goals of Lambda Pi Eta:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in communication studies;
- Stimulate interest in the field of communication;
- Promote and encourage professional development among communication majors;
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of communication;
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students; and
- Explore options for graduate education in communication studies.
Lambda Pi Eta Iota Rho Member Requirements:
- Completed 12 hours of graduate credit hours in COML
- Have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 for all courses taken
- Currently enrolled as a student in good standing, as determined by Gonzaga University
- Participation in at least one local or phone conference COML educational meeting or networking event.
- Display commitment to the field of communication.