COML Application Requirements
Applicants are able to upload all items listed below within the online application – except for transcripts.
- Complete the online application and pay $50 application fee (pay at the end of the online application). See COML “Apply Now” button at online.gonzaga.edu and follow the instructions given.
- Submit one official transcript from each college or university attended.
- If GPA falls below a 3.0 please include an explanation of GPA statement.
- If you previously attended Gonzaga or are a current student, please note that GU transcripts are ordered by the Graduate Admissions Office on your behalf.
- Mail official transcripts to:
Virtual Campus Admissions
502 E. Boone Avenue
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
- Provide a minimum of two recommenders Request letters of recommendation through the online application. Your references will be contacted directly by us via email with directions for submitting their letters of recommendation and evaluation checklist on your behalf. Provide a minimum of two recommenders who can evaluate your leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking, judgment, professional practice, and your ability and capacity to complete a graduate degree. Please note: recommendations from family members are not accepted.
- Statement of Purpose This essay must be a well written, organized, and no longer than 1,000 words. It must also include the following:
- describe the applicant’s interest in the Communication and Leadership Studies degree
- assess the applicant’s strengths, and
- describes what the applicant hopes to gain from this graduate degree.
- Resume of professional experience.
- The Official Score from the MAT or the GRE, which must be less than five years old or unless you have completed a Master’s degree.
- Prepare to take the MAT (Miller Analogies Test) if you have not taken a graduate entrance exam in the last 5 years or completed a Master’s degree. Go to www.milleranalogies.com or call 1-800-622-3231.
- Students who score 4.5 or above in the Analytical Writing category of the GRE are exempt from taking the Writing Workshop COML 518.
International students must submit the above documentation and the following items:
- Submission of foreign transcripts in the original language and a certified English copy.
- An official TOEFL score of 88 ibt, 580 (written) OR an IELTS score of 6.5 or higher OR successful completion of Gonzaga University’s ESL program.
- A Financial Declaration Form and supporting bank statement.
- Note: International students cannot receive an I-20 from enrolling in the online program; they must take courses at the Spokane campus. For more information on the International Student Program please call 509-313-6563.
Program information subject to change. Please contact an admission counselor for more information.