To be eligible for the MSN program (all tracks), you must have a bachelor’s degree with an unencumbered RN license, which means you can have a bachelor’s degree in any field along with a nursing degree or diploma from an accredited or state-approved program. Gonzaga would prefer a bachelor of science in nursing, but that is not required. Students who are admitted without a bachelor’s degree in nursing may need to take some foundational nursing courses before completing master’s-level courses, e.g., statistics, research, and community health nursing.
You must take the MAT (Miller Analogies Test) and provide a copy of test scores to be admitted into this program. If you have taken the MAT within the last five years, you do not need to retake it, only provide a copy of your test scores. Gonzaga will also accept GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) scores. Go to www.milleranalogies.com to find test information and testing centers.
Prerequisite: Bachelors of Science in Nursing Degree or a bachelor’s degree in any field with an unencumbered RN license. – 3.0 GPA or higher.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not admitting nursing students into any program from the following states: AR, AL, DE, and NC. In addition to these states, we are also not admitting Family Nurse Practitioner and Adult Geriatric Nurse Practitioner students from Minnesota (we will admit Nurse Educator and Health Systems Leadership students from MN). Also, we are only accepting students from the following states for Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner: WA, ID, OR, MT, CA, NV, UT, AK, WY and AZ.
Applicants are able to upload all items listed below within the online application – except for transcripts, which should be mailed to the address listed below.
- A completed application form and non-refundable fee of $50 payable at the end of your online application.
- MAT Test Score
- You must take the MAT (Miller Analogies Test) and provide a copy of test scores to be admitted into this program. If you have taken the MAT within the last five years, you do not need to retake it, only provide a copy of your test scores. Gonzaga will also accept GRE (Graduate Record Examinations) scores. Go to www.milleranalogies.com to find test information and testing centers.
- Documentation of an earned bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (BSN preferred – other courses may be required if the applicant has a non-nursing bachelor’s degree. Example additional courses include: Research, Statistics, and Community Health);
- One official transcript from every college, university, and nursing school attended which should be mailed to the address listed below.
- Current Registered Nurse license.
- Current professional curriculum vitae.
- Typewritten statement describing:
- Interest in the MSN program and what he/she hopes to gain from the degree
- Professional goals
- Professional experiences
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals who can evaluate the applicant’s leadership, interpersonal skills, critical thinking and judgment, and professional practice (e.g. supervisor, professional colleague, or professor). Letters must be signed and on letterhead. Recommendation letters will be uploaded through the online application portal by the recommender.Attention All Nursing Applicants: We are not admitting nursing students from the following states: AR, AL, DE, and NC.Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner PLEASE NOTE: We are only accepting students from the following states WA, ID, OR, MT, CA, NV, UT, AK, WY and AZ.
If you would like to petition for transfer credits from another program please download the “Permission to Transfer Graduate Credits” form and submit it with an accompanying syllabus or course descriptions and official transcripts.
Mail Transcripts to:
Virtual Campus Admissions
502 E. Boone Ave.
Spokane, WA 99258-0068
Rolling Admissions: Applications are accepted on a rolling, and on a space-available basis.
Note: In special circumstances, individuals applying for admission may be permitted to take courses for one semester while the admission process is completed. The designated fee must accompany the application form. Admission decisions are based upon the applicant’s total profile and space available.