COML 513: Advanced Topics in Communication
Peace-building Through Dialogue in Northern Ireland
Students will be introduced to concepts from the field of communication that enable an understanding of how local peace-building can build bridges across conflicting groups in deeply divided societies. Communication and dialogue are closely intertwined and together act at the heart of establishing shared space and creating a common future.
The Program At-A-Glance
- Program type: Short-term, faculty-led program administered by Gonzaga University
- Dates: Residency in Derry, Ireland: January 2-12, 2014. Entire course pre- and post- via Blackboard: December 26, 2013 – January 26, 2014.
- Eligibility: Graduate students in all majors with the approval of their Academic Advisor or Department Chair.
- Subjects: Dialogue, Negotiation and Multi-Media Studies
- Estimated Cost: $3,850 plus airfare
- Cost includes: 3 credits graduate tuition, accommodations, some group meals, local group transportation, AirMed and International Student Identity Card.
- Financial aid: Federal financial aid can be applied towards this program.
- Program Application deadlines: Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions schedule. The program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Application deadline for 2015 is TBA.