Intercultural & International Media in Cagli, Italy
Go From Casual Tourist to Global Citizen
This unique opportunity gives you the tools to access a foreign culture and acquire practical language skills, rapidly — using an immersion technique. The ability to assimilate quickly and to hone in on another culture’s values are indispensable tools for anyone preparing for a career in a field where globalization and multi-culturalism are becoming increasingly important. At the micro level, students will learn how to read another culture on its own terms — thereby eliminating cultural bias. At the macro level, students will be ready to become facilitators in the inter-cultural dialogue that the modern world requires.
The Program At-A-Glance
- Program type: Short-term, faculty-led program administered by Gonzaga University
- Dates: Session I: Tuesday, June 9 – Thursday, June 25, 2014 Session II: Friday, June 26 – Sunday, July 12, 2014. If enrollment grows, we may offer both dates below to accommodate all students. A decision will be made by February 1st and will be based on enrollments & student date flexibility.
- Eligibility: Graduate students or graduating seniors (from any discipline and/or university).
- Language: Courses will be taught in English and there will be conversational Italian.
- Subjects: Intercultural Communication and Multi-Media Studies.
- Housing: Shared Apartments with Kitchen and Laundry.
- Estimated Cost: $5,276
- Cost includes: 6 credits graduate tuition, 17 nights housing, transportation in Italy, some excursions and meals, technology, and orientation program.
- Financial aid: Gonzaga and federal financial aid can be applied towards this program.
- Program Application deadlines: Applications will be considered on a rolling admissions basis and no later than February 1, 2014. The program will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If the program is filled prior to February 1, 2014, a wait list may become necessary.
- Application for Cagli Project/Rick Steves Scholarship: The Master\’s Program in Communication & Leadership Studies in cooperation with the Northwest Alliance for Responsible Media is pleased to announce two $300 graduate scholarships to students. Application deadline February 7, 2014.