Session 1: Exploring the Narrative Landscape for Leaders
- Course overview
- Authentic Leadership and Narrative
- Staking out the narrative territory we will explore
Session 2: Who I Am Stories
- Who I Am Stories: agency and communion themes
- Childhood through adulthood
Session 3: Promising Who I Am Stories
- The focus of this session is on identifying Who I Am stories that might serve as a focus for the first assignment.
Session 4: Issues in Self-Narratives and Utilization
- A number of issues will be addressed in this section that will be influenced by the needs and interests of students.
- Some of the issues include: autobiographical memory and identity, ethics and values from a narrative perspective, and methods of evoking self-narratives of others.
Session 5: Introducing Future Stories
- Understanding Future Stories from a leadership and personal perspective.
- Examples of Future Stories will be offered.
Session 6: Identifying Promising Future Stories
- With an understanding of what a future story is, this session is designed to help you identify a future story you want to work on.
Session 7: Who We Are Stories
- This session will explore the various styles of group narratives for leaders.
Session 8: Who We Are Stories Continued
- This session will provide some opportunities to focus in on some promising Who We Are stories for the second assignment.
A comprehensive schedule including times and classroom location will be available in Blackboard on the first day of class.